Easter. A long weekend to spend with friends and family, filled with adventures, good food and good coffee. It’s safe to say we’re pretty excited about the upcoming bank holiday weekend. We love to spend the week leading up to Easter preparing all sorts of foodie treats to enjoy whilst catching up with loved ones. There’s nothing better than throwing together a sharing board or opening the tin of homemade cakes announcing ‘here’s one I made earlier’ – in which you are greeted with HUGE smiles and sudden hunger.
In preparation for Easter, we’ve teamed up with our lovely ambassador Hannah Louise Franklin to create these delicious and super-indulgent Swiss Chocolate Mocha Brownies. Why not whip some up to enjoy with a flask of coffee on this year’s Easter walk?
200g Caster sugar
80g Plain flour
100g Milk chocolate chips
175g Dark chocolate
40g Good-quality cocoa powder
1 tbsp We Are Little’s Swiss Chocolate Infused Instant Coffee
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Start by preheating the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm square tin
2. Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Let it cool a little.
3. Next, mix together the sugar and eggs and then pour in the chocolate mix and stir.
4. Dissolve the coffee in a little hot water and add to the mixture.
5. Sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in gently, then stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour the mixture in to your tin, making sure you push it in to corners, and bake for 25-30 minutes. When you insert a skewer it should still pull out a few moist crumbs, this will make sure the brownies still have a fudgy texture when cooled.
7. Let them cool completely and cut and then dust with icing sugar if you like!
If you like the look of this recipe, why not check Hannah’s lovely Instagram feed for more delicious tea, coffee and food inspo. Don’t forget to tag both @wearelittles and @hannahlouise.franklin if you give these brownies a go!