What actually is Dalgona Coffee?
That’s what we were asking last week when we suddenly started seeing it EVERYWHERE! Originating in South Korea, it’s the latest trend to break the internet. And it involves instant coffee! We decided to see what all the fuss was about and gave Dalgona coffee a whirl. Aside from being very instagrammable, it also tastes pretty great! Our Island Coconut Coffee worked especially well.
Give it a try! And, of course, tag us on Instagram @wearelittles with your creations.
DALGONA COFFEE RECIPE
- 2 tbsp Little’s Coconut Instant Coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 100-200ml milk (oat or dairy)
- Ice cubes
- Spoon your coffee, water and sugar into a small mixing bowl.
- Using a whisk (electric or hand), whip up the mixture until it becomes light and frothy. We actually used a hand milk frother and that created the same effect! A hand whisk will, of course, take a while longer.
- Pour your milk into a glass of ice cubes.
- Pour or carefully spoon your frothed coffee mixture over the milk so it creates a layer on top.
- When you're ready to drink, give it a stir and enjoy your own, homemade Dalgona coffee!