Our wonderful brand Ambassador Nourishing Amelia has created a delicious Amaretto and Raspberry Pancake recipe for us! Using our very own Amaretto Instant Coffee, Amelia has combined two of our favourite things: coffee and pancakes, to make your breakfast that little bit more exciting.
These pancakes are entirely gluten, dairy, egg and refined sugar-free but don’t worry folks, they’re still jam-packed with flavour! They’re super light and fluffy and will feel like you’re indulging in something far naughtier.
(Makes 5-6 mini pancakes)
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 200g raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp We Are Little’s Amaretto Coffee
- 100b buckwheat flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 180ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- Small handful ﬂaked almonds
- Handful fresh raspberries
- We’re going to kick this recipe off by making the raspberry chia jam first. Add the raspberries, maple syrup and lemon to a saucepan and place on a low heat for five minutes. When the raspberries start oozing, you’re good to go! Remove them from the heat and give them a good mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in the chia seeds, place over the heat again and cook for a further 8-10 mins and then allow to cool down while you make the pancakes.
- For the pancakes, mix the chia seeds together with a tablespoon of water and give them 5 minutes to sit and thicken up.
- Next, dissolve the Amaretto coffee granules in 50ml of water and add this plus the rest of the pancake ingredients into the blender. Whizz up until it’s thick and creamy!
- After you’ve set this aside, add the coconut oil to the frying pan and place over a medium heat. Pour a ladle full of pancake mixture into the middle of the pan and cook on each side of the pancake for 2-3 minutes. Do this until you’ve used up all your mixture. Finally, serve up your pancakes with the fresh raspberry jam and top with almonds and raspberries. Don’t forget to eat while sipping a hot cup of Little's coffee!
Enjoy, folks. Be sure to share your creations and tag us (@wearelittles) and Nourishing Amelia (@nourishingamelia) in your posts! #LivenUpYourCup