Sometimes all you need is a rich, indulgent mocha to warm your cockles, satisfy your sweet tooth and give you a little pep in your step! It’s the perfect cure for chilly winter days when all you want to do is curl up in bed with your favourite Netflix show, but it’s only 3pm so heading to bed already would be unacceptable. Right?
We’ve upped the ante with our indulgent mocha by saying goodbye to cocoa powder and going all in with chunks of milk chocolate from our pals at Coco Chocolatier. It means you get a much richer flavour and texture because you’re basically drinking melted chocolate. Which is cool. Combine it with our Swiss chocolate coffee for double the dose of chocolate. We topped ours with whipped cream and marshmallows to make it the ultimate comfort drink, but you can leave the garnishes off or mix it up with your own selection.
We did think about plonking a square of chocolate brownie on top but decided maybe that was a step too far… but maybe we were wrong? Who fancies replicating this with chocolate orange? *puts hand up*.
For the mocha:
- 50g Coco Chocolatier milk chocolate
- 200ml milk (your choice)
- 1 tsp Little’s Swiss chocolate coffee
- 1 tsp sugar
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate stars
Little’s indulgent mocha method:
- Put a saucepan of water on the hob and leave it to simmer
- Rest a heatproof bowl on top of the pan, so it doesn’t touch the water and add the chocolate and milk
- Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted and stir in the coffee and sugar
- Once the coffee and sugar has melted, take off the heat and pour into your favourite mug
- Top with whipped cream, marshmallows and some extra chocolate
- Drink while warm!