Little’s are heading to Balance Festival this weekend so in preparation we thought we might try out some healthy coffee recipes. Where better to start than with our Choc Chai smoothie bowl. A fab way to start the morning, essentially a smoothie but with the added bonus of delicious toppings. We’ve packed ours full of protein and fibre with an added touch of dark chocolate and coffee to give you that boost you might want pre-workout. It’s super simple and the toppings can easily be switched out for anything you might have in your cupboard!
Little’s Choc Chai Smoothie Bowl Recipe
For The Smoothie:
2 x Chopped Bananas
5 x Dates
1 x Tsp Little’s Chocolate Chai Instant Coffee
1 x Tsp Cinnamon
1 x Loaded Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 x Drops Vanilla Essence
Optional Tsp Maple Syrup
Dried Coconut Flakes
- Stir your Little’s Choc Chai coffee with a dash of hot water to make a thick coffee mixture.
- Pop your coffee mixture, chopped bananas, dates, peanut butter, syrup or essence and cinnamon in your blender.
- Add in your almond milk. We didn’t measure this out as it will vary on how large you blender is and how big your bowl is so it’s up to you how much milk you put in. Obviously this will change the consistency of the mixture. If it feels too runny we suggest you add more banana.
- Keep blending your mixture until it is lovely and smooth. It should have turned a lovely caramel colour.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and start to add your toppings. Obviously this is your chance to get creative and make your Instagram worthy smoothie bowl shot.
We hope you enjoy your smoothie bowl and as ever tag us @wearelittles if you’ve tried it out!
Hopefully see you at Balance Festival!