Our lovely ambassador Jade Joselyn has created these delicious Coconut Coffee Cashew energy balls using our Island Coconut infused coffee. These tropical bite-size snacks are jam-packed with slow-release energy and good fats from the cashews, plus they’re naturally sweet thanks to the coconut. The caffeine gives you a natural pick-me-up to help lift you out of the 3pm slump. Filled with natural energy-boosting ingredients, these are the ideal pre-workout or afternoon snack, or you can enjoy them as an after-dinner treat to satisfy that post-dinner craving.
Vegan and paleo-friendly
Refined sugar free
These are super quick and easy to whip up and taste like you’re having a much naughtier treat. Why not make up a big batch and freeze them for a rainy day? You can defrost them as you need them, so you’ll always have them on hand for when the destined sweet tooth strikes. Next time you want to reach for a chocolate bar, you can grab one of these babies instead and feel damn smug that you’re sticking to your plan.
1 cup cashews
2 teaspoons Little’s Island Coconut infused coffee
1 cup soft pitted dates
100g desiccated coconut
Pinch of salt
Optional sweetener – coconut sugar
1. First, start by placing the dates in a bowl and just about cover them with boiling water to soften them.
2. Then add 2 teaspoons of our delicious Island Coconut coffee (or any flavour you fancy really!) in with the dates and let it soak for 10 minutes.
3. In a food processor pop in the cashews, coconut and the dates and coffee mixture and blend until sticky.
4. Grab a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into little balls, coat in shredded coconut if you’re feeling tropical – we recommend it!
5. Chill in the fridge for about an hour, or you can freeze to keep them for longer.
6. Finally, tuck in and enjoy!