Don’t know about you, but we’re sweltering here in the office today. Highs are set to hit 33 degrees in some parts of the country! So, what better way to cool down than a refreshing and energy boosting iced coffee? What’s great about iced coffee is it takes next to no time to make and it’s an ideal caffeinated refreshment when you’re on-the-go.
Now you’ve probably had a stab at making your coffee a cold one at home. But how about a flavoured iced coffee…? Yeah, you’ve probably tried one at Starbucks or whatever, but man, have you seen how much sugar goes into those things?! Let us give you the low down on why Little’s Flavoured Iced Coffees are hella good… Or, you can scroll down to the bottom to find the recipe!
Good for your body:
Let’s start with the most important thing: your body, your temple (!). Our flavoured coffee has absolutely zero added sugar. Compared to some high street coffee shops that have been found to have up to TWENTY FIVE teaspoons of sugar, we give you the choice of how sweet you want your iced coffee to be. It’s also just 4 calories per cup (before milk), which is next to nothing.
Good for your taste buds:
Our coffee never uses synthetic or artificial flavours. We infuse 100% smooth Arabica coffee (that’s the best kind, by the way), with flavours from the natural world. Not only does this mean you’re not filling your body with rubbish, but it also means it tastes a hell of a lot better. None of that over sweet, overpowering, sickly taste. Ergh.
Good for your wallet:
An iced coffee in a high street coffee shop costs on average, around £3. If you’re having say, 5 a week, that’s £15 just on iced coffee! We think that’s quite a lot for a drink that is mostly just ice. Many of you aren’t happy about that either, one woman has just sued Starbucks about their coffee to ice ratio. One of our jars of flavoured coffee costs £3 or less and one jar makes 20-25 iced coffees! Do the maths guys…
Good for your social life:
If you make a Little’s flavoured iced coffee for your friend… or boyfriend… or mum… or brother, we think it’s pretty much guaranteed they’ll love you forever.
So hopefully we’ve talked you into why our flavoured coffee makes out-of-this-world iced coffee. Now here’s how to make it…!
Iced Coffee Recipe
Here is a super simple flavoured iced coffee recipe to make an honest, healthy, great-tasting and cheap iced coffee at home.
You will need:
- A blender
- Milk of your choice (dairy or plant-based, both taste awesome!)
- Little’s Flavoured Coffee
- Ice / Coffee Ice Cubes
- Sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Topping of your choice (optional)
- Jar or glass
- Paper straw (save the planet, guys!)
- Fill a glass with ice and the milk of your choice. You can use almond milk, coconut milk, soya milk, cow’s milk… whatever takes your fancy. You can also use coffee ice cubes if you want it to be stronger.
- Stick it all in the blender and add 2-3 teaspoons of Little’s flavoured coffee. This can be any flavour you like. (The coconut flavour is next level!)
- Now it’s time to sweeten it up (if you wish to do so). You can use agave syrup, maple syrup, honey, vanilla or sugar. Whatever works best with the coffee flavour you decide to use.
- Blend it all up for one minute!
- Pour into your glass or jam jar (because everything tastes better from a jar) and enjoy. You can add toppings of your choice depending on how extravagant you want to be. Nuts, chocolate, and salted caramel work. Or you can go down the healthy route and add chia seeds and coconut flakes to give it extra body.
If you try out our recipe, be sure to share it with us on social media! @WeAreLittles