Little’s have teamed up with Swivlit to bring you the ultimate breakfast recipe to really kick start your day! What better way to fuel your morning than with coffee and chocolate porridge. Yum!
Let’s introduce Swivlit because you may not have heard of them. The fabulous duo Emma and Lucy were fed up of using ugly, leaking lunchboxes at work and queuing for the microwave so they’ve come up with an ingenious design that not only holds your food when you travel but it also slow cooks it all the way until you want to eat it. Keeping it warm and delicious. We’re actually obsessed with the Swivlit already! It also helps to reduce single use plastic, which is brilliant.
Have a go at our porridge recipe and let us know what you think!
COFFEE & CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE RECIPE
- 1/4 cup porridge oats
- 2 tbsp milk or plant m*lk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup freshly brewed Little’s Choc Chai Instant Coffee
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Chopped nuts
- Coffee beans
- The beauty of the Swivlit is that you can take all the ingredients and pop them in the Swivlit and give it a quick stir.
- Pop the Swivlit in the microwave with the lid off for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Give the porridge one last stir and pop the lid back on. Leave it for 1 hour and when you’re ready to eat, add your toppings and enjoy!
Tip: if you don't have a Swivlit, you can simply microwave the ingredients in a bowl for an extra minute or two, stirring at regular intervals, until your porridge is the perfect consistency. Enjoy straightaway or pop in a Thermos for later.