In honour of Shop Small Saturday (and Christmas, of course), we’ve compiled a dreamy Christmas gift guide so you can fill your loved one’s stocking with goodies from some great independent shops and makers. Or… bag some nice treats for yourself! We’d love to know what your favourite stocking fillers are!
Christmas gifts for her
- Content Beauty – Content London collection £18
We love Content Beauty because they champion all things organic and natural, plus it’s a favourite of Emma Watson – need we say more. This is a selection of miniatures, great for dabbling with new brands or products.
- Cabinet Jewellery – coral garden pendant £115
An indulgent one, but a good one – the recipient of this one will love you forever. Cabinet Jewellery is a Devon-based studio with tropical roots.
- Lorna Ruby – Bon Parfumeur No. 1. £43
We like the sound of orange blossom in this one and can imagine just how fresh this smells! Lorna Ruby takes inspiration from Scandinavian and French design, which we love.
- Little’s Coffee – chocolate caramel flavour-infused instant coffee £2.99
A comforting classic in the coolest packaging, if we say so ourselves!
- Papier – colourblock notebook £19.99
For scribbles, big ideas, lists – whatever’s written down in here will look incredible, especially with a personalised cover. Papier are the masters of personalised greetings cards and stationery.
- Marby & Elm – forever enamel badge £9.99
We want absolutely everything Marby & Elm sells, including this fluoro orange enamel badge that’ll slot nicely into a Christmas stocking. Marby & Elm designs everything in their studio and shop in London.
- Crane & Kind – soft touch beanie in rust £15
Crane & Kind is a family lifestyle store and graphic design studio in Sidmouth, Devon, which explains why their clothes items are so very cool.
- Little’s Coffee – rich hazelnut flavour Nespresso capsules £3.50
Skip on the tubes of sweets and upgrade to tubes of delicious, flavoured coffee pods. Ours are 100% aluminium so totally recyclable.
- Disco Dust London – rose pink extra chunky mix £6
Now… who doesn’t want rose pink glitter for their face and hair? No one that’s who. Disco Dust have (quite literally) got you covered on the sustainable glitter front.
- Islands – 55% milk chocolate £4.50
Downright delicious milk chocolate from our friends at Islands – they grow their own cocoa beans on their family-run farms in the Caribbean.
- Happy Blossoms – dried palm spears £15
OK so these might be sticking out the top of any stocking, but what a colourful Christmas gift? Family-run Happy Blossoms specialise in making ‘baked blossoms’ that we can’t get enough of.
Christmas gifts for him
- Crane & Kind – The Valley Kid hoodie £45
In association with Young Minds, Crane & Kind’s ‘Live Kind’ designs promote mental wellbeing so, as well as being cosy and great to look at, you’re helping champion a worthy campaign.
- Little’s Coffee – Ethiopian premium coffee £4.99
The perfect bright and exciting coffee to get you going in the morning. These beans originate from the birthplace of coffee, the Djimma zone in western Ethiopia, so you know it’s a really good cup of coffee.
- Aesop – Moroccan Neroli post-shave lotion £37
We love anything Aesop creates, including this post-shave lotion with botanical oils – it’s a dream for your skin.
- Hops + Crafts – Deya Glue IPA £5.75
We’re big fans of this Exeter-based beer shop and this can caught our eye and sounds delicious, too. Check out their entire selection while you’re there!
- Marby & Elm – wooden pencil case £18
The coolest pencil case filled with fluoro pencils and accessories – for notes, doodles, million-dollar ideas, you name it!
- East End Press – botanic gardens risograph print £18
We love East End Press for their selection of Christmas decorations, cards and gorgeous prints, like this one. Every one is signed by the artist and printed on recycled paper.
- The Forest & Co – personalised hour glass £22
The Forest & Co have so many beautiful homeware items – including this personalised hour glass. It’ll look great on any shelf and will prove useful for a multitude of time-related purposes!
- Thought – Jarrold Men’s Bamboo Cup And Sock Box £22.95
Two Christmas presents in one – including the must-have pairs of (organic cotton) socks! With a bamboo reusable cup, too, this one’s a winner.
- Coombeshead Farm gift voucher £25+
Coombeshead Farm is an idyllic spot in the South West, so vouchers can be put towards a little trip, or used to buy some incredible, seasonal produce from their online larder.
- The Fabric Wrapping Co. pinstripe wrap £9
The Fabric Wrapping Co. are revolutionising the way we wrap, taking inspo from Japanese furoshiki. They make reusable wraps from beautiful vintage scarves and cottons, like this one, perfect for Christmas gifts!
- Roastworks Coffee – Costa Rica Cordillera Del Fuego, Christmas coffee £12
Our pals over at Roastworks have made the most incredible limited edition coffee for Christmas that tastes like cinnamon. Best bit, once it’s all gone, how good would some candles look in this jar?