Calling all coffee & pancake lovers! We have teamed up with the wonderful Sarah’s Healthy Bakes to bring you a super tasty but simple Maple Walnut Coffee pancake recipe just in time for Shrove Tuesday on the 5th March. They are also totally vegan friendly, woohoo!
Ingredients (Makes 12)
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tbsp (10g) baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp Little’s Maple Walnut Flavour Infused Instant Coffee
- 40g maple syrup
- 200ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Handful of walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve tbsp maple walnut coffee in 1 tbsp boiling water, add the maple syrup, oat milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Let the better rest for 5 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium high heat, adding coconut oil as required to grease the pan.
- Add large spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form then flip and cook for a further 30 sec to 1 min.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- To serve chop a handful of walnuts, mix in a tbsp of maple syrup and a pinch of salt and add to the top of pancakes.