Make your own Little’s vanilla coffee fudge with our super easy to follow recipe. With loads of extra time at home this festive season, we’re keeping ourselves busy making homemade gifts for friends and family. Anything homemade feels more special sitting under the tree or on doorsteps (social distancing dependent), but something edible is even better!
This seriously indulgent* crumbly coffee fudge makes the perfect homemade gift for sweet-toothed friends and family. And, what’s more, you can use your empty Little’s coffee jars to present it. Zhuzh it up with bows, ribbons, sprigs of eucalyptus and handmade messages – go wild!
This recipe would work so well with all our flavoured instant coffee, so get experimenting and share your results with us @wearelittles. We think chocolate orange would work a treat.
LITTLE’S VANILLA COFFEE FUDGE RECIPE
Time: 30 minutes + cooling time
Makes: 20 good-sized squares
2 tbsp Little’s vanilla instant coffee
700g granulated sugar
300ml evaporated milk
100g salted butter
2 tsp golden syrup
- Pop the instant coffee in a jug and stir in 5 tablespoons of boiling water until the coffee has dissolved.
- Put a large saucepan on a low heat and add the coffee mixture, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and golden syrup.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Leave to boil, stirring occasionally, for around 10-12 minutes, until a teaspoon of the mixture forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water.
- Take the pan off the heat and beat the fudge with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes, until thick.
- Pour the mixture into a small lined baking tin and spread evenly.
- Leave to set completely and cut into squares.
Tip: for extra wow factor, add a drizzle of chocolate across the top or some squares of white chocolate.