Tiramisù is one of the best desserts in existence. Fact. We created these dinky tiramisù pots so you can make enough for 5-6 pals to enjoy (without sharing!) at your next garden party or park picnic. These little pots of joy are so quick and easy to make, and when you pile up the ingredients in a glass, you get the extra wow factor of layers of coffee-soaked sponge, cream and grated dark chocolate – a real feast for the eyes! We used our Café Amaretto instant coffee (make sure it’s extra strong) but our Nespresso-compatible pods would work really well here, too.
Makes: 6 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 150ml strong Café Amaretto instant coffee
- 12 sponge fingers or trifle sponges
- 50g dark chocolate
How to make Little’s dinky tiramisù pots
- Make your instant coffee in a small bowl and leave to cool
- Meanwhile, scoop the mascarpone into a large bowl with a good splash of the double cream. Whisk together until smooth and slowly add the remaining cream, whisking as you go. Continue to whisk until your mixture forms soft peaks – be careful not to over-whisk it or it’ll be too thick
- Sift in the icing sugar and fold in to the cream along with the vanilla extract
- Once your coffee has cooled, break your sponge fingers in half and dunk them in the coffee until completely coated. Arrange the soaked sponge fingers neatly in the base of your glasses or pots
- Take a good spoonful of your cream mixture and carefully spoon on top of the sponge fingers, then grate a good helping of dark chocolate on to
- Repeat steps 4-5 for each glass and leave to chill in the fridge for a few hours before devouring! Decorate with extra dark chocolate before serving for extra wow factor.
Let us know if you make this and what flavour coffee you opt for! @wearelittles on Instagram.