Happy Halloween!! To celebrate we have made these super tasty spooky coffee cupcakes and obviously we are biased but they are really good. We found some amazing edible eyes as well which make them extra scary 👀
Coffee Cupcake Recipe
2 Tbsp Little’s Instant Coffee
150g Self Raising Flour
165g Brown Sugar
3 x Medium Eggs
1 1/2 Tsp Milk
12 Cupcake Cases
Optional Edible Halloween Decorations
250g Softened Butter
500g Icing Sugar
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp Little’s Instant Coffee
1 1/2 Tbsp Boiling Water
- Preheat your oven to 160ºC.
- Pop your cupcake cases into a muffin tin.
- Get a large bowl and sift in the flour. Add the coffee granules, salt, eggs, butter, sugar and milk to the bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 18-20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool in their tins for about 10 mins before moving to a rack to fully cool. This is the perfect time to start your icing.
- For your coffee buttercream icing you will need to mix your coffee granules with the 1 1/2 tbsp of boiling water. Once mixed set aside to cool.
- Cut the butter into cubes and beat on a low-medium speed until soft. Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until fully combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and add the coffee a teaspoon at a time. Each spoonful needs to be mixed before adding the next one.
- Check the consistency of your buttercream. It should be soft and perfect for piping. If it is still a little stiff then beat in a little milk.
- Decorate your cakes with the icing and add the optional Halloween decorations if you want to make them extra spooky.